1. Senior BJP leader J P Nadda appointed as party’s working President:
- Senior BJP leader J P Nadda has been appointed as the BJP working President. The decision was taken at the BJP Parliamentary Board meeting held at party headquarters in New Delhi this evening.
- Mr. Nadda will remain the working president till the BJP’s membership drive and organization elections are over. Briefing reporters after the meeting, Senior party leader and Union Minister Rajnath Singh said, BJP won several elections under the leadership of Amit Shah.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, Thawar Chand Gehlot, and other senior party leaders attended the meeting
2. World Food India to be held in New Delhi from November 1:
- Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal today said, World Food India will be held in New Delhi from 1st of November this year. She said, the event which will continue till 4th November, will position India as Food Processing Destination of the World.
- Mrs. Kaur said this while chairing a meeting with various stakeholders of World Food India including the CEOs of major food processing companies and Industry Associations. She said the meetings discussed the investment opportunities available in India in the Food Processing Sector.
- The Minister said, Indian Food Processing Industry has grown tremendously recording 11 percent growth rate, which is twice the pace of Global Industry. Mrs. Kaur said, the sector has recorded a double-digit growth rate across all major sub-segments of the sectors both in terms of value and volume
3. The first session of newly elected Lok Sabha begins; PM Modi, other members of House take the oath:
- Prime Minister and Leader of the House Narendra Modi, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Home Minister Amit Shah, several other Union Ministers, and members took an oath during the first session of newly elected 17th Lok Sabha which began today.
- Mr. Modi was the first to take the oath. After taking the oath, he signed the roll of Members and greeted the members. When the name of Mr. Modi was called out by the Secretary-General for taking the oath, Members from the ruling NDA thumped the desk greeting the Prime Minister with slogans such as Modi -Modi.
- Cabinet Ministers including, Nitin Gadkari, D V Sadananda Gowda, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Smriti Irani, Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Santosh Gangwar, Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, Dr. Harsh Vardhan among others took the oath as Members of the Lok Sabha. Pro-tem speaker Dr. Virendra Kumar administered the oath to the members.
- The panel of the presiding officers – Kodikunnil Suresh, Brijbhushan Sharan Singh, and Bhartruhari Mahtab took the oath. Kodikunnil Suresh of Congress was the second to take oath as Lok Sabha member, after the Prime Minister. The House also observed silence for a short while to mark the solemn occasion of the first sitting of the 17th Lok Sabha.
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi who has been elected from Wayanad Lok Sabha seat in Kerala took the oath. Other members who took oath include Kaushalendra Kumar, Chirag Paswan, Sushil Kumar Singh, Gautam Gambhir, Meenakshi Lekhi, Gitaben Rathva, Mansukhbhai Vasava, Pragya Singh Thakur, Poonam Mahajan, Supriya Sule, and Rajashree Mallick.
- The House witnessed linguistic diversity as some members preferred to take oath in their respective mother tongues and few members took oath in the Sanskrit language. Later the House was adjourned for the day.
4. Virendra Kumar takes oath as Pro-tem Speaker of Lok Sabha:
- Seven-time Lok Sabha MP from Tikamgarh in Madhya Pradesh Dr. Virendra Kumar took oath as Pro-tem Speaker of the Lok Sabha.
- President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath to Dr. Kumar at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Mr. Kumar will preside over the first sitting of the Lok Sabha and administer the oath of office to the newly elected Lok Sabha MPs.
- He will also oversee the election of the Lok Sabha Speaker